Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love everything about this recipe. It has all my favorite flavors, it is easy to make and easy to customize!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts (about 3)
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (about 1 medium lime)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 1 -2 cup fresh spinach, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat until it is hot. Pat the chicken pieces dry with a paper towel and season them lightly with salt and pepper. Add them to the hot oil. Let the chicken cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the onions and red pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the onions and peppers are slightly softened.
- Add the chicken broth, coconut milk, fish sauce, cayenne pepper, brown sugar and curry powder. Stir to combine. Bring the soup to a simmer and cook, gently, for 10-15 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and cilantro, and spinach if you are using. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3.Serve a ladle or two of the soup over rice and garnish with more cilantro, if desired.