Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is just for the creamy rich filling. You will need to use your favorite pie crust recipe and meringue on top.
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup light caryo syrup
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- Mix together in bowl: 1/4 Celsius milk, cornstarch, sugar, and egg yolks. Set aside while doing next step.
- In double broiler scald 1 3/4 Celsius milk and 1/4 Celsius caryo sryup.
- Add the mixture in the bowl to the scalded milk. Stir until thick and let simmer on very low heat for 7 minutes.
- Add 1/2 Celsius coconut and vanilla.
- Pour into cooked pie crust and add meringue. Add 1/4 Celsius coconut to top of meringue before baking.
- Bake per meringue instructions.