This cake is heaven on a fork and I only make it for very special occasions! You can bake it as a layer cake or as a sheet cake if you have a large number of people to feed. Frost with Angel Feather icing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup softened butter or 3/4 cup margarine or 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg white
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- extra coconut, to sprinkle on cake after frosting
- 1Cream the butter, add the sugar and beaten egg yolks and egg white; continue beating until fluffy.
- 2Sift the flour with the baking powder and salt, mix with 1 cup coconut and add alternately with the milk and flavourings to the butter mixture.
- 3When smooth pour into a greased 9" x 13" pan or into two greased 8" round cake pans and bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven- the flat pan for about 45 minutes, the layers about 30 minutes, but test both and don't overbake.
- 4The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 5Cool; remove from pan and frost with Angel Feather Icing.
- 6Icing: Put everything but the vanilla into the top of a double boiler with fast-boiling water below.
- 7Start beating immediately with a rotary beater or electric mixer until the mixture stands in stiff peaks.
- 8Remove from heat, add vanilla and keep on beating until it is thick enough to spread easily.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Cloud Cake With Angel Feather Icing
Serving Size: 1 (1885 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5528.4
- Calories from Fat 1761
- Total Fat 195.7 g
- Saturated Fat 124.6 g
- Cholesterol 1000.7 mg
- Sodium 5566.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 881.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 512.5 g
- Protein 76.7 g