Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very good. Granny had this recipe jotted down on the back of an old cookbook. Couldn't remember where she got it from.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup coarsly chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9" square baking pan.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together into a mixing bowl.
- Cream butter with sugars in another bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add coconut, chips, and walnuts and blend well.
- Pour into pan and smooth out evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minute or until top is golden brown.
- Center will be slightly moist with toothpick test.
- Allow to cool and cut into bars (about 24).