Recipe by chef_matt85
An interesting twist on your classic chocolate chip cookie. The coconut adds to the texture and aroma.
- 1 1⁄3 cups finely shredded unsweetened dried coconut
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Toast the coconut in oven till golden brown.
- Sift together the dry ingredients (flour and baking powder.
- Cream the butter, sugar, salt, and coconut (mix on high speed in stand mixer, till light and airy).
- Incorporate the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the vanilla and vinegar.
- Incorporate the chocolate chips.
- If possible, cover the dough, and let it rest for two hours.
- Scoop the dough onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until brown, and somewhat crisp, about 12 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!