Recipe by sheepdoc
From The Nourished Caveman/Vivica Menegaz. Low carb. Recipe calls for Stevia. I prefer honey, but I think this would make it too goopy to harden, so I went with the Stevia. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix coconut with coconut cream, 1/2 t vanilla and 1/2 packet of stevia.
- Place on cooike sheet lined with parchment paper and form into 4 x 6 inch rectangle.
- Place in freezer 2 hours, until frozen solid.
- Meanwhile, melt coconut oil until liquid. Add cocoa, 1/2 packet of Stevia, 1/2 t vanilla. Mix well on low heat for about 2 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, but still liquid.
- Cut frozen coconut into 5 bars.
- Dip bars into cocoa mixture and place back on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Allow to harden in refrigerator.