- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 scallions, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 (14 ounce) cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups jasmine rice, uncooked
- sea salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cashew nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add scallions and ginger, and cook until fragrant. Stir in coconut milk and rice, and add salt to taste. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender; about 25 minutes. If more liquid is needed, add a small amount of water.
- Transfer to a serving dish, sprinkle with the shredded coconut and cashews, and serve.