Bai Krob Chanti (Cinnamon Cashew Rice) (Cambodia)
photo by GiddyUpGo
- Ready In:
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup roasted cashews
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cinnamon
- Place the water in a pot and bring to a boil. Add the rice, bring back to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the butter, salt and cinnamon. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Put the cashews into a small, dry skillet. Keep stirring until they are hot or browning slightly (depending on your preference).
- Add the cashews to the rice and stir to combine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of two with another one on the way! I am married to an Englishman and we own a small business in our local area. We live in a very small town called Rough and Ready (yes there really is a place called Rough and Ready!) I am a part-time writer and full time mom. My kids were born 15 months apart and keep me so busy I barely have enough time to cook and no time at all for my other passion, horseback riding. I once had four horses but am down to two; my Arab mare Argo and old Denver. Both of them spend the vast majority of their time standing around in my back yard eating hay. I get to feed them and look at them, but until my kids are all in school (and I stop having more kids) that's about it. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">