Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
A traditional Caribbean dessert with a nice tropical flavor.
- 2 cups flour, all purpose
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3⁄4 cup cream of coconut or 3⁄4 cup coconut milk, canned
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 bananas, peeled and cut diagonally
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 fresh, lime, juice of
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- cooking oil, enough to cover bottom of heavy skillet to 1 1/2 inch
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Set aside until ready to use.
- Sprinkle cut bananas with sugar, lime juice and rum.
- Marinate 1 hour.
- Heat cooking oil to cover in sauce pan.
- Dip bananas in batter and quickly fry in hot oil, turning once.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut and serve immediately.
- (optional) garnish the plate with Chocolate syrup in decorative swirls.
Hi! I've just added the recipe "coconut banana fritters" to my cookbook - they sound reeaaalllly nice!!
Steve; Thank you for the recipe, it tastes super-great. I will make this for the group of 16 members of our GOURMET CLUB that I belong to. This should "WOW" them. Greatly appreciate your input. "Uncle Bill"