Coconut Banana Fritters
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 6 bananas, green-ripe
- 3⁄4 cup rice flour
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 2 cups vegetable oil, suited (for deep frying)
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- In a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients except bananas, until well blended.
- Peel and slice bananas in half lengthwise. Cut each half into three pieces.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet or saucepan. When oil is hot (about 190 degrees celsius), lower heat.
- Dip each banana piece in the coconut batter and fry, turning once, until fritters are goldn and crispy.
- Transfers fritters to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the oil. Serve fritters warm dusted with confectioner's sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe Mamij. This is wonderful, I will be making these often. Kudos on Making it into my Favorites Cookbook for 2016. These little fritters are the bomb. Crisp, crunchy, soft and tender. Simply delicious. They were quick and easy to make with great results. Really enjoyed the sesames in this dish. Made for CQ3 - for the gift Shop - Thailand & Indonesia.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I began cooking as a kid with my mom. I cook mostly Mexican food, but my best recipes are the ones that I improvise at the last minute! Especially desserts, which I love to cook, but always forget to write down. I'm a stay at home mom of three kids- 2 boys (3 & 5years old) and a 1 year old baby girl. My husband and I have been married for nearly 8 years. I want to take a moment to thank all of you who have made my recipes and even took the time to review and/or photograph them. I appreciate every one of them! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/cookbookZWT.jpg" border="0" alt="I am alw"> <img src="http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/emmyduckie/banner2009.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"width=90%> <img src="http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg"> <a href="http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=278234"><img src="http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c99/ruemke/banners/beans-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/IRecommendGame_AssortedChoc-part-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/Other/Elves-appreciationSTICKER.jpg">