Coconut Banana Fritters
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 cups flour, all purpose
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3⁄4 cup cream of coconut or 3/4 cup coconut milk, canned
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 bananas, peeled and cut diagonally
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 fresh, lime, juice of
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- cooking oil, enough to cover bottom of heavy skillet to 1 1/2 inch
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Set aside until ready to use.
- Sprinkle cut bananas with sugar, lime juice and rum.
- Marinate 1 hour.
- Heat cooking oil to cover in sauce pan.
- Dip bananas in batter and quickly fry in hot oil, turning once.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut and serve immediately.
- (optional) garnish the plate with Chocolate syrup in decorative swirls.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!