1/1 Photo of Cocoa-Molasses Drop Cookies
This recipe was part of a few hundred recipes my Aunt had collected from friends and family over the years. It caught my attention because I questioned how chocolate and molasses would team together. As I finished the dough and tasted it I knew I had come across a very unique and wonderful combination. I couldn't wait until they were baked. They were even better. Try adding a vanilla glaze to the top of the cookies and pipe it on in thin lines. It makes them pretty and even tastier!
My Private Note
Dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2Cream the butter and sugar together until it is light
- 3Add the molasses and egg; beating until the mixture is smooth.
- 4Add the baking powder and the cocoa to the creamed mixture; then add the flour.
- 5Pipe the mixture onto a greased cookie sheet in mounds a little larger than a quarter.
- 6Bake 9 minutes or until set.
- 7Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- 8Drizzle a Vanilla glaze in thin lines over the top of each cookie.
- 9For Vanilla Glaze: Stir together 1 cup powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons milk in a small bowl until mixture is smooth and of drizzling consistency. Stir in 1/2 tsp vanilla. Makes ½ cup.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cocoa-Molasses Drop Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 801.1
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 187.0 mg
- Sodium 455.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 64.7 g
- Protein 9.8 g