Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are the cutest little bites and you can make them according to your personal tastes. A friend toted these to our 4th of July party and they were gone within minutes! Recipe from Land O Lakes.
- 1 (1 lb) packagesliced sourdough cocktail bread or 1 (1 lb) package rye bread
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard or 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce or 1⁄4 cup honey mustard or 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade or 1⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese or 6 ounces American cheese or 6 ounces swiss cheese or 6 ounces monterey jack cheese or 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Lightly spread 1 side of each piece of bread with about 1/4 teaspoons butter.
- Place half the bread slices onto foil-lined cookie sheets, buttered side down.
- Top each with a dab of mustard and 1 tablespoons cheese; top with another bread slice, buttered side up.
- Bake the sandwiches, turning once, for 10-13 minutes, or until golden and the cheese is melted.
- Cut each sandwich in half diagonally and serve immediately.
Great recipe!!! Quick, easy and delish. I like the honey mustard with mine.