Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in an old newspaper clipping from the 70s. Sounds like it would be good. Something different from the same old bbq sauce. I can't wait to try it!
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 (1 lb) packageslil smokie cocktail franks
- Combine sugar,cornstarch,cloves and cinnamon in sauce pan.
- Blend in orange juice and vinegar.
- Cook over medium heat,stirring constantly till thick.
- Add cocktail franks and warm through.
- Keep warm in chaffing dish or crock pot.
We wanted a dish with franks and sauce and thought this recipe would be something different and unique for the Christmas gathering snack table at our house. However, its sweet, pie filling like appearance and taste didn't go over as well as we had planned. Next time, we'll go with the traditional spicy tomato hot sauce.