Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe sounded interesting when I first read it in a community paper in Winnipeg. Anything made with Coke must be good. Right? Let's see.
- 2 cups Coca-Cola
- 15 ounces raisins
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups nuts
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- In a large covered saucepan, gently boil raisins in Coke for 20 minutes.
- Add oil and sugar.
- Cool and add the balance of the ingredients.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degF for 12- 15 minutes.
These cookies were so wet...and heavy, it was really hard to mix them, and the flavor was not enough for us. Perhaps I did something wrong, but thought I had followed the recipe carefully.
Very good. Nice taste. Not extremely soft but surely not crisp either. Will certainly make again.