Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Turkey topped with ricotta cheese mixture enclosed in a flaky pastry. Topped with cream white sauce and almonds. An elegant yet easy and positively delicious dish. I like to serve it with steamed green beans.
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 slices smoked turkey breast, 1/4 inch thick (3 oz. each)
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Combine mushrooms, salt, pepper, ricotta, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, onion, garlic, and rosemary; set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 rectangles.
- Firmly press perforations to seal.
- Place 1 turkey slice in center of each rectangle.
- Spread 1/3 cup ricotta filling over turkey.
- Pull four corners of dough to center of ricotta mixture.
- Twist firmly.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly brown.
- In a small skillet, combine dried onion flakes, rosemary, wine, and most of whipping cream, reserving 2 tablespoons Heat on high, stirring constantly, until liquid boils.
- Combine reserved whipping cream and flour.
- Add to sauce in skillet.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve sauce over turkey pastries.
- Sprinkle with almonds.