Turkey topped with ricotta cheese mixture enclosed in a flaky pastry. Topped with cream white sauce and almonds. An elegant yet easy and positively delicious dish. I like to serve it with steamed green beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 slices smoked turkey breast, 1/4 inch thick (3 oz. each)
- 1Combine mushrooms, salt, pepper, ricotta, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, onion, garlic, and rosemary; set aside.
- 2Separate dough into 8 rectangles.
- 3Firmly press perforations to seal.
- 4Place 1 turkey slice in center of each rectangle.
- 5Spread 1/3 cup ricotta filling over turkey.
- 6Pull four corners of dough to center of ricotta mixture.
- 7Twist firmly.
- 8Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly brown.
- 9In a small skillet, combine dried onion flakes, rosemary, wine, and most of whipping cream, reserving 2 tablespoons Heat on high, stirring constantly, until liquid boils.
- 10Combine reserved whipping cream and flour.
- 11Add to sauce in skillet.
- 12Whisk until smooth.
- 13Season with salt and pepper.
- 14Serve sauce over turkey pastries.
- 15Sprinkle with almonds.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cloaked Turkey Breast
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.0
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 100.3 mg
- Sodium 1074.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 21.0 g