Recipe by Bergy
I love this type of "never to be duplicated recipes - It is also great for using up leftovers. Use your imagination I have used leftover broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, onions mushrooms, peppers, chicken etc etc. This is your basic Alfredo sauce with inmagination
- 3 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 cup cream (Half & Half, Heavy or use 2% milk)
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, grated (use pure and preferably Italian)
- salt and pepper, to tasre
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Use as much or as little as you want of the following
- left over vegetables, chopped
- left over meat, chicken or seafood
- 6 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small onion, etc etc
- hot cooked pasta, for 4
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook your pasta& drain& keep warm.
- on a fry pan sprayed with a bit of olive oil fry your raw onions& mushrooms (if not raw just combine the with other left overs).
- Add you chopped leftovers to the pan.
- Heat until warmed through.
- Mix with pasta.
- Pour sauce over top, blend lightly& serve.
- Sauce: Melt butter in a saucepan, add cream& stir until they are well combined remove from heat and stir in the parmesan& parsley.