Recipe by Irmgard
This frittata from David Rocco's Dolce Vita makes a great weeknight dinner or a special weekend breakfast dish.
- 5 eggs
- 1 potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grana padano, grated
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the Grana Padano cheese.
- Add salt to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add the potatoes, red pepper and onion; cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Pour the egg mixture into the frying pan.
- With a fork, evenly distribute the egg mixture.
- Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes with a lid on.
- Carefully flip the frittata over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.