- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 egg yolks (beaten together)
- 2 egg whites (beaten together)
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring milk and cream to boiling point in saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Whisk eggs and sugar together with a little milk.
- Place bowl over saucepan of simmering water.
- Whisk in milk until mixture thickens slightly.
- Pour into a metal tray and semi freeze.
- Beat well in a bowl (will make a smoother result).
- Put back into freezer over night.