Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From "The Neely's Celebration Cookbook:. So yummy, made with Creole mustard!
- 1360.77 g red potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml creole mustard
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 2 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml apple cider vinegar
- 44.37 ml roughly chopped fresh dill
- 4.92 ml celery seed
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Drop the potatoes into a large pot of cold salted water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes well in a colander.
- Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, celery, red onion, apple cider vinegar, dill, celery seed, and chopped eggs in a large bowl. Fold in the warm potatoes, and toss to combine. Cover the salad with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight for the best flavor. Enjoy!
Made this and took it to my sons school, for Potluck lunch, with the staff. Seeing that I volunteer there, and that twice a month they have a potluck lunch, with the staff, and parent volunteers, I figured this would be perfect. I made as posted though I did leave the salt out, and everyone, including myself really enjoyed this. Flavors were right on the money nice, and went well with some take out chicken that was provided. The end result (as to the finished product) was picture perfect, and was a perfect fit to lunch. Great`with fried chicken, or a picnic. Made for PRMR tag.