Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From "The Neely's Celebration Cookbook:. So yummy, made with Creole mustard!
Make and share this Classic Picnic Potato Salad(Neely's) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs red potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Drop the potatoes into a large pot of cold salted water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes well in a colander.
- Combine the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, celery, red onion, apple cider vinegar, dill, celery seed, and chopped eggs in a large bowl. Fold in the warm potatoes, and toss to combine. Cover the salad with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight for the best flavor. Enjoy!