Recipe by firstname.lastname@example.org
I took this off a Mueller's spaghetti box a long time ago. It takes a while to prepare, but it is worth it.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground chuck
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons salad oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces shredded or thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy pan, lightly brown beef and onion in oil.
- Add tomatoes (cut with a knife), paste, water, parsley, salt, sugar, garlic powder, pepper and oregano.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles, as directed.
- In a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan, spread 1 cup sauce.
- Then alternate layers of lasagna noodles, sauce, ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, ending with sauce, mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes until lightly browned and bubbling.
- Allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares to serve.