Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the best potato salad I've ever eaten. Everyone who has tasted it, converts to make this one as their standard. I'm surprised nobody has posted the same recipe. Key is to cut into a nice 1/2inch dice. I serve this at every major holiday and occasion. Time posted is your chopping time.
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 carrots
- 1 (15 ounce) can green peas
- 0.5 (19 ounce) can pickles, in brine (important -- use small mediterranean pickles, which have a distinct flavor)
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup mayonnaise (even reduced fat works great)
- Boil the potatoes and carrots. Careful not to overcook. Dice potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces, and slightly smaller for the carrots.
- Dice hard boiled eggs and pickles.
- Combine potatoes, carrots, eggs, green peas, and 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, and mix until mayo has been incorporated. Can add more mayonnaise per personal taste. I probably use slightly less than 2/3 cup.
- Refrigerate until cold. Stays fresh in the fridge for up to 5-7 days without getting watery!