Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
Made with puff pastry
Make and share this Classic Chicken Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed for 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped shallot
- 3 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 russet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (10 oz. potato)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 375°; roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 13 x 9 inch rectangle; transfer to baking sheet and chill.
- Butter an 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; add celery and shallots; saute 5 minutes.
- Add broth, bay leaves, and thyme; bring to a boil.
- Add in chicken; decrease heat to med-low and simmer until chicken is just cooked through, about 12 minutes; remove chicken and bay leaves.
- Increase heat to medium; boil mixture until decreased to 1 1/2 cups, about 15 minutes.
- Add in cream; return to boil; add potato cubes; cover and cook until fork tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat; cut chicken into bite-size pieces and add to pan; mix in peas; season with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into buttered baking dish; top with pastry; press overhang to sides of dish.
- Bake until golden, about 30-35 minutes.