Recipe by chia
This is one of the best briskets I have ever made. The cooking time does not reflect the overnight marinating. I want to add that I have made this in the oven for the holidays this year, 2 weeks in a row by request, and I just tripled the sauce ingredients, used the same marinade and brisket. I roasted it for 2 1/2 hrs at 350, they were wonderful as well.
Top Review by Outta Here
Delicious! I used a beer called Pumpkin Ale, which I have been told has a pumpkin taste (I don't drink beer) and I think it gave the sauce a nice flavor. I marinated brisket about 24 hours. I did forget to pick up tomato paste so used ketchup and left out cider vinegar, since ketchup has that in it. I will be making this again, and will remember the tomato paste! Thanks for posting this. It will be a good recipe for use in the motorhome!
- 1 cup low carb beer
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 lbs beef brisket
- 1⁄2 cup low carb beer
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- the day before make the marinade.
- pour it into a 1 gallon plastic bag, add brisket and marinate overnight, refrigerated, turning over occasionally.
- remove brisket from the marinade and discard.
- mix beer and next 6 ingredients in the crock pot.
- add onion slices and brisket.
- turn brisket over in sauce to coat both sides and place it fat side up.
- cook on low for 8 hours.
- remove and let it rest 10 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- add back to sauce to coat.