Recipe by ~Leslie~
This recipe was given to my Husband from our friend, who got it from her friend Clare. He had to beg for it! It is without a doubt the richest, most decadent and delicious cake I have ever tried. Kiss your low fat diet goodbye. It's easy to make and will impress any chocolate lover :)
Top Review by cathy_1997
WOW! Loved this cake. My husband declared this was the best chocolate cake I had ever baked (and I have baked a lot!). I was looking for a new recipe for a friend's birthday. She loves chocolate. I changed the recipe some. I only used 1 cup sour cream. I used 1 cup dark chocolate pieces and 1 cup milk chocolate. This gave it that dark chocolate richness that most chocolate lovers love. I added 3/4 cup water because the batter was so dense using only 1 cup sour cream. With these changes it made it a very dense, moist cake. I also used Almond Emulsion instead of Almond abstract. It definitely had a hint of almond that was palatable. They all loved the hint of almond. I made a simple Chocolate Ganache for the icing. I glazed the sides and in between the (2) 9-inch round cakes. I whipped the rest of the Ganache and put on top of the cake. I put fresh raspberries on each plate with the cake. There were 9 - 40 something, very fit, health conscious women at this party. The cake got devoured!!!!
- 1 (510 g) package devil's food cake mix
- 3 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix (1 package)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup melted butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a very large bowl stir together cake mix and pudding mix.
- Mix in sour cream, melted butter, eggs and almond extract, beat until well blended.
- Continue to beat for 4 minutes on medium speed, then blend in chocolate chips.
- Prepare a large bundt pan by greasing all the sides and then dusting with flour.
- Pour cake mixture into the pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or whenever a cake tester comes out clean.
- Baking times can vary with this recipe for some reason, so do keep an eye on it!