Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An old family recipe. Great over cooked rice.
Make and share this Clams with White Wine recipe from Food.com.
- Scrub the clams under running water and soak them in salt water for 15 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil and add the onion, garlic and clams.
- Fry for about 10 minutes, stirring often to open the clams.
- Add the lime juice, wine, parsley, water and bread crumbs.
- Cook for 10 minutes more.
- Discard any unopened clams.
- Add salt to taste and serve.
I have a lot of recipes for white clam sauce, each one wonderful, but this is really innovative -- and good. The lime juice is what makes it special. I served this over linguine and everybody loved it.