from saveur, this is very tasty, and you can use mussels instead of the clams too. serve this with french bread to get every last drop.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1in a large nonreactive skillet with a fitted lid melt butter over medium heat.
- 2add garlic and cook until soft and beginning to turn brown, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- 3increase heat to medium high and add vermouth and herbes de provence.
- 4bring to a boil, stirring often until reduced by half, aprox 3 minutes.
- 5add clams, cover and steam, shaking skillet occasionally until clams open, 5 minutes.
- 6discard the ones that don't open.
- 7remove the clams to 4 soup bowls, and return the skillet and liquid to stovetop.
- 8add cream, capers, mustard, stir and gently boil until sauce thickens enough to coat a spoon, 8 minutes.
- 9season to taste with salt and pepper, divide over clams, serve.
Browse Our Top Clams Recipes
Nutritional Facts for clams with dijon caper sauce
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.5
- Calories from Fat 510
- Total Fat 56.7 g
- Saturated Fat 34.8 g
- Cholesterol 205.1 mg
- Sodium 781.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence