Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
from saveur, this is very tasty, and you can use mussels instead of the clams too. serve this with french bread to get every last drop.
- in a large nonreactive skillet with a fitted lid melt butter over medium heat.
- add garlic and cook until soft and beginning to turn brown, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- increase heat to medium high and add vermouth and herbes de provence.
- bring to a boil, stirring often until reduced by half, aprox 3 minutes.
- add clams, cover and steam, shaking skillet occasionally until clams open, 5 minutes.
- discard the ones that don't open.
- remove the clams to 4 soup bowls, and return the skillet and liquid to stovetop.
- add cream, capers, mustard, stir and gently boil until sauce thickens enough to coat a spoon, 8 minutes.
- season to taste with salt and pepper, divide over clams, serve.