Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Allow for 3 hours to marinade: included in cooking time.
Make and share this Citrus Herb Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 4 chicken thighs, and drumstick hindquarters (about 3 pounds)
- Mix all ingredients except chicken in sealable heavy-duty plastic bag or glass bowl.
- Add chicken; turn to coat with marinade. Seal bag or cover bowl. Refrigerate at least 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- Heat oven to 375.
- Grease rack of broiler pan.
- Remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Place chicken on rack in broiler pan.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes; turn chicken.
- Brush with marinade.
- Bake uncovered about 45 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Discard any remaining marinade.