Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Using fruits as the flavor base makes this Gazpacho lighter and less filling.
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 3 large oranges
- 2 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 tomatillos, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato juice, reduced-sodium if available
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste
- Peel, section and seed grapefruits and oranges.
- Coarsely chop sections and place in bowl.
- Add chopped tomato and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.