Recipe by Sooz Cooks
These are like chili dogs on a hamburger bun! My daughter LOVES the potato hamburger buns and chili dogs with beans and wanted both so she made up this recipe. It is delicious and an easy way to eat chili dogs.
- 8 hot dogs
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili without beans (or use leftover homemade chili if you have it on hand)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 large potato hamburger buns
- mustard or ketchup or chopped onions or additional shredded cheese, as desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut hot dogs in length-wise into quarters (in half and then half again) then slice into bite-sized pieces (for little tracheas!)And add to saucepan.
- Add the chili, ketchup, sugar, and onion powder to the pan and stir well.
- Heat until bubbly and simmer until hot dogs are heated through - about 5 minutes.
- Serve on your favorite bun.
- Top with mustard, ketchup, chopped onion or additional shredded cheese if desired.