Sooz Cooks's Note:
These are like chili dogs on a hamburger bun! My daughter LOVES the potato hamburger buns and chili dogs with beans and wanted both so she made up this recipe. It is delicious and an easy way to eat chili dogs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 hot dogs
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili without beans (or use leftover homemade chili if you have it on hand)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 large potato hamburger buns
- 1Cut hot dogs in length-wise into quarters (in half and then half again) then slice into bite-sized pieces (for little tracheas!)And add to saucepan.
- 2Add the chili, ketchup, sugar, and onion powder to the pan and stir well.
- 3Heat until bubbly and simmer until hot dogs are heated through - about 5 minutes.
- 4Serve on your favorite bun.
- 5Top with mustard, ketchup, chopped onion or additional shredded cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cissy's Sloppy Chili Joes
Serving Size: 1 (981 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.2
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.6 mg
- Sodium 930.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
potato hamburger buns