Recipe by LizP
Delicious and moist cupcakes that have a little something special with the cinnamon. Great with vanilla, chocolate or cream cheese frosting. The amount of Flour is optional, depending on how dry you want your cupcakes.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (heaping)
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin pan with liners.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix milk and vanilla in a separate cup.
- Cream butter and then add sugar a little at a time. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture and milk mixture alternately, starting with flour mixture and ending with flour mixture until fully--but not overly--mixed.
- Fill muffin papers 3/4 cup full. Bake for 18-20 minutes until top springs back lightly when touched.