Prep 45 mins
Cook 55 mins
In ‘The Complete Southern Cookbook’ by Tammy Algood
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons almond paste
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup Amaretto
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan and set aside.
- Place the almond and cinnamon in the bowl of a food processor; process until finely chopped.
- Place one-third of the almond mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Add the almond paste to the remaining almond mixture and stir until well combined.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, oil, amaretto, and water.
- Beat on low speed to combine and then increase to medium speed and beat 2 minutes.
- Spoon one-third of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Evenly sprinkle half the almond paste mixture over the batter.
- Repeat and end with the last of the batter on top.
- Bake 55 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan 10 minutes and then cool completely on a wire rack before serving.