1/3 Photos of Cinnamon Swirl Orange Bread
3 hrs 30 mins
From Taste of Home. My Aunt has been making this for years. One of her sons requests it for his "Birthday Cake". It is wonderfully fragrant and yummy toasted with butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105 degrees to 115 degrees)
- 1 cup milk, warm (110 to 115 degrees F)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 1Dissolve yeast in water.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine milk, orange juice, sugar, shortening, peel and salt.
- 3Add 2 cups flour, yeast mixture and egg; mix well.
- 4Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes.
- 5Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
- 6Punch dough down and divide in half. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 7Roll each half into 15-in. x 7-in. rectangle.
- 8For filling, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over rectangle. Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon water.
- 9Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short end. Seal edges.
- 10Place with sealed edge down in two greased 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
- 11Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 12Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- 13Remove from pan and cool on wire racks.
- 14Combine glaze ingredients; spread over loaves.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Swirl Orange Bread
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.2
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.3 mg
- Sodium 231.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 6.2 g