- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or 2 cups kamut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional) or 1/2 cup currants (optional)
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (pure or extract)
- 1 cup pasteurized honey
- 1 tablespoon orange rind
- 2 large oranges, juice and pulp of
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add all wet ingredients in a blender and mix for 15 seconds.
- Add the blended ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a well-greased bread pan and place on middle rack in preheated oven.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Insert toothpick to test for doneness (it should come out clean).
- Cover the loaf with foil if it is starting to brown too quickly on top.
- Let cool for 30 minutes and then enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
The only problem I have with this recipe is the amount of honey indicated. I cut the sugar in half and used part unbleached white. Opted for a medley of dried fruit: dates, blueberries, cranberries, tart cherries. Hazelnuts and pecans for walnuts. I was expecting this to taste dry with all that whole wheat flour but surprisingly it was not. Delicious with a slather of cream cheese!