Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great recipe. It is a wonderful vanilla wafer with a touch of cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top. It adds a wonderful bit of sweetness 8)
- Mix 1 1/2 cup sugar and butter in large mixer bowl; cream with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Gradually add baking powder to sifted flour and sift again.
- Gradually add to the butter mixture, mixing well; stir in the milk and combine well.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400° and lightly grease cookie sheets; set aside.
- Lightly flour your work surface and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Roll cold dough to 1/8-inch thickness and cut with 2-inch cookie cutters.
- Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 6-8 minutes. Remove from sheets and place cool on wire racks.
These are great! The dough was a little tricky but boy the taste is outstanding. I may never buy boxed cookies again!
Nice little cookie, kids loved it. I used unsalted butter with it, but next time I will use salted or will add a pinch of salt to make the sweetness pop. Thanks for a great recipe.