Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from Center Cut Cook
PRETZEL DOUGH INGREDIENTS
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup very hot water
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING INGREDIENTS
- 2 -3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- With your mixer, combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast. Then add in 1 cup warm water and mix until well combined. You could also do this by hand or use a food processor. Knead the dough until it is smooth.
- Sprinkle flour in the bottom of a bowl. Place the dough in the bowl and cover it. Allow it to sit for about 30 minutes to rise.
- Knead the dough for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Divide the dough into 4 equal sections. Form each section into strips about 8 inches long and about 1 inch wide. Cut each strip into 8 pieces so that you have 32 pretzel bites.
- Pre-heat your oven to 475 degrees.
- In a shallow dish combine one cup of very hot water with 2 tablespoons baking soda. Whisk well to combine.
- Place pretzel bites in the water/baking soda mixture and allow to site for one minute. Then flip the pretzel bites and allow to sit in the mixture for one minute longer. Arrange the pretzels on a greased baking sheet.
- Allow the pretzel bites to rest for about 5 minutes, then place them in the oven for 10-11 minutes, or until the pretzel bites are nice and brown.
- While the pretzel bites are baking, melt 4 tablespoons of butter (1 minute in the microwave does the trick) and in a small bowl combine 1/2 granulated sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Dip each pretzel bite in butter, then in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- With your mixture, cream together cream cheese and butter. Add in confectioners sugar and mix until smooth. Add in 1-2 tablespoons of milk depending on your desired consistency.
- Serve pretzel bites with cream cheese frosting on the side.