Recipe by Aunt Paula
DH loves these cookies. Makes a nice addition to a Christmas cookie tray! Prep time includes chilling.
Top Review by Outnumbered By Peanuts
These are very good! I skipped the nuts because my husband isn't a very big fan of pecans and that's all I had on hand. The directions were easy to follow, although I made a couple of changes based on previous reviewers' suggestions. I chilled the dough overnight and then rolled to approximately 1/4" thickness. I decreased the bake temperature to 325. The cook time was around 15-16 minutes for my oven. My husband and I both thought that the cookies were very tasty - even without the powdered sugar sprinkled on top (so I actually left them plain). An easy cookie that has an impressive presentation. Thank you for the recipe!
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped nuts
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Allow cream cheese and 1/2 cup butter to soften, then blend together.
- Stir in egg yolk and flour, mix well.
- Cover bowl and chill 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide dough in half and roll very thin.
- Brush with 2 Tbsp melted butter.
- Combine cinnamon, sugar and nuts, sprinkle half this mixture over dough.
- Roll up like a jelly roll.
- Cut roll in 1/2 inch slices and place cut side down on ungreased baking sheet.
- Repeat other half.
- Bake 15 minutes or till golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack, then sprinkle with powdered sugar.