1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
dylan & nia's mommy's Note:
These melt in the mouth treats never lasted long once grandma had put them in the cookie jar !!! These cookies are perfect for baking ahead of time and freezing. Grandma left the cookies to cool completley, then she would open freeze them until soild. Once solid, she stacked the cookies, a few at a time, and wrapped them loosely in foil. Then she sealed them in a freezer bag and froze for up to 1 month.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1put the butter and soft cheese into a large mixing bowl. beat together with a electric whisk or wooden sponn until smooth and combined.
- 2add the flour, 125g caster sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon and eggs. beat together until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. using your hands, carefully gather the mixture together to form a ball.
- 3put the ball of dough onto a floured surface. shape into a roll about 3cm/1 1/2 inch in diameter. wrap in cling film. chill in the freezer for 30mins or until firm.
- 4preheat the oven to 180 oc/350of/gas 4. grease 2 non stick baking trays.
- 5unwrap the cookie dough and put on a work surface. cut into 6mm/1/4inch thick slices. put the slices on the baking trays, spaced well apart.
- 6bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the cookies are set and pale golden. cool slightly, then use a fish slice to transfer the cookies to a wire rack.
- 7for the topping mix together 2 tbsp of caster sugar and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon. sprinkle over the hot cookies, then leave to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (662 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.7
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 19.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 1.1 g