Cinnamon Sugar Coffee Cake Cookies
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (or 1/4 cup of Splenda for baking)
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup white flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Place sugar and butter in a bowl; beat with mixer until well blended. Add oil, vanilla, and egg; beat until blended.
- Add white and wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, milk, and cinnamon to mixture; stir until completely combinded. Chill in refrigerator for 45 minutes (or freezer for 15, just enough to cool).
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar (or 1/8 cup Splenda) and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl or plate. Shape dough into 1 inch balls, makes about 1 dozen. Roll balls in cinnamon sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet, slightly flattened balls. Bake at 375 for 12 minutes, allow to cool.
Join The Conversation
These were very yummy! I followed the suggestion on not chilling and it worked well for me too. I used all white whole wheat flour. We gobbled them up so fast that I don't know how they are the next day. If they don't stay soft I may substitute a little honey instead of sugar. I'll be writing this recipe out to use often.