Recipe by Robin W
Tasty litle bars that go wonderful with a cup of tea!
Top Review by Tebo
I always though shortbread was a Christmas type of thing and a real work up to make. Wrong!! This was beyond easy to make (and I'm not strong on baking stuff) and you sure don't have to wait for Christmas to enjoy this. Excellent recipe. Thanks Robin
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cake flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine all the ingredients for shortbread in large mixing bowl.
- Beat at low speed just until a soft dough forms.
- Press dough evenly onto bottom of a lightly greased 13x9 baking pan.
- Stir topping ingredients in small bowl; sprinkle over shortbread.
- Prick all over the top with a fork.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool slightly and cut ito squares while shortbread is still warm.