Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
From favorite brand name bake sale cookbook
- 59.16 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml butter flavor shortening
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 709.77 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- For cinnamon mix:.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon.
- For cookie dough:.
- Cream shortning and sugar in large bowl. Blend in vanilla and eggs.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 tsp cinnamon. add to creamed mix and beat well.
- Turn dough onto a sheet of waxed paper. Spread dough into a 9 by 6-inch rectangle. Sprinkle 4 tbsp cinnamon mix. Roll up jelly roll style into a log. Dust log with remaining sugar. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375. Spray cookie sheets with pam spray.
- Slice dough 1/4 inch thick. Bake for 8 minutes.