Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs 15 mins
This recipe is from the Oster Breadmachine manual that came with my first breadmaker years ago and it is still the family favorite. It makes a 1.5 lb loaf. If your machine does not have a "Mix-in's" signal, add raisins after about 15 minutes.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- Put all ingredients except raisins into bread pan per your machines manual, usually wet first and then dry.
- Set machine. I use the sweet dough cycle with a medium crust.
- Start baking cycle.
- When machine signals it is ready for "MIx-ins" add raisins.
- Let machine do the rest for you.
- You can easily make this into cinnamon swirl bread by using the dough only cycle and rolling the dough out, sprinkling it with cinnamon sugar and then rolling it up. Let rise 40-45 minutes and then bake at at 375 for 25-30 minutes. (Some machines let you pause the machine, remove the paddle and then return the rolled dough to the bread pan to finish up).