Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 mins
From Bon Appétit Magazine October 2007.
Make and share this Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 5 tablespoons butter, diced, plus more for frying
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon generous salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced pears (optional) or 1 1⁄2 cups apples (optional) or 1 1⁄2 cups bananas (optional)
- pure maple syrup or yogurt
- Preheat oven to 250°F Place large baking sheet in oven. Stir 1 1/3 cups water, oats, and 5 tablespoons butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat until mixture comes to boil. Cook until mixture is very thick, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Transfer to large bowl and cool 15 minutes. Stir in flour, sugar, wheat germ, eggs, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Mix in fruit, if desired.
- Heat griddle or 2 large nonstick skillets over medium-high heat. Brush with butter. Drop batter onto griddle or skillets by generous 1/2 cup for each pancake; spread batter to 4- to 5-inch rounds. Cook pancakes until brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Place on baking sheet in oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve pancakes with syrup and/or yogurt.
MMMMMMM these are delicious. I made them exactly as the reicpe says, and used apples. They're VERY thick, none of us ate more than 1 pancake. I think I'll save the rest as a quick 'breakfast on the go' for the next day or two. Wonderful fall recipe! Thanks.