Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found in a Better Homes and Gardens issue from 2004; untried by me as yet.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup bran flakes
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 90 g butter, chopped
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- Place flour, sugar, bran flakes, rolled oats, baking powder and cinnamon in food processor.
- Process until well combined.
- Add butter, process to a fine crumb.
- Add milk and process until a ball forms.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board; knead gently until smooth.
- Divide in half and roll each ball into a 23 cm round.
- Using a 6.5 cm cutter, cut out rounds.
- Place biscuits on trays, bake 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on rack.