1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Chicken
Every time I hear the words "Cinnamon Chicken" I am reminded of the tv series Little House on the Prairie and the famous episode where Nellie asks Laura to help her cook Almanzo's favorite meal. Laura is jealous of Nellie and replaces the cinnamon with tons of black pepper. Anyway, here is a recipe I clipped from a magazine a long time ago that brings the image of what that dish might have tasted like(if Laura had not tampered with it lol). This was adapted from a magazine clipping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice (or half juice and half sherry wine)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 lbs chicken pieces (8 pieces total)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, approximately
- 1 lemon, for garnish, cut into wedges
- 1Combine juice, honey, lemon juice, garlic, seasonings in a large ziptop container.
- 2Add chicken pieces, seal bag, shake to coat well and let marinade in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3Heat oven to 350°F and have ready a large roasting pan, 9" x 13".
- 4Remove chicken from the marinade, shake off the excess and set chicken aside on a plate.
- 5Pour marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and boil until it has reduced to 1 cup and has begun to thicken (about 10-15 minutes).
- 6Heat oil in a skillet and brown chicken parts over fairly high heat just a few minutes per side, lowering heat if needed to prevent from charring- you want the chicken to be evenly browned, but not fully cooked yet.
- 7Place chicken in the roasting pan and pour the reduced marinade on top.
- 8Bake 30-55 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked and no no longer pink (will vary based on the chicken pieces you use).
- 9Skim fat from the pan juices and serve juices as a dipping sauce if you like.
- 10Garnish with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.8
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 155.2 mg
- Sodium 586.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 27.1 g
- Protein 39.0 g