Recipe by Mike's Goddess
I have my second husband to thank for this recipe. He mislabeled the cinnamon as cayenne pepper and the rest is history.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ Was very hesitant to make this recipe, but then decided to plunge right in ~ I did used a homemade spaghetti sauce, & I also used chicken breasts so can't tell you how it would be with the thighs! Distinctly different, but good-tasting! Something I'd make again if only to see the reactions!
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups canned spaghetti sauce
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- olive oil
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle and rub in cinnamon into chicken until well coated.
- Mix flour, sugar and garlic powder.
- Dredge chicken into the flour and sugar mixture and pan fry in olive oil.
- Remove chicken from oil.
- Add onions and saute' until they begin to carmelize.
- Add a little of the remaining flour sugar mix to the frying pan and the wine a little at a time to make a roux and deglaze the pan.
- Oil baking dish with a little olive oil and add the chicken.
- Mix spaghetti sauce into the onions and wine.
- Blend and then pour over the chicken and top with parmesean cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30- 40 minutes.
- Cheese should be a light golden brown.