Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have my second husband to thank for this recipe. He mislabeled the cinnamon as cayenne pepper and the rest is history.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups canned spaghetti sauce
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- olive oil
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle and rub in cinnamon into chicken until well coated.
- Mix flour, sugar and garlic powder.
- Dredge chicken into the flour and sugar mixture and pan fry in olive oil.
- Remove chicken from oil.
- Add onions and saute' until they begin to carmelize.
- Add a little of the remaining flour sugar mix to the frying pan and the wine a little at a time to make a roux and deglaze the pan.
- Oil baking dish with a little olive oil and add the chicken.
- Mix spaghetti sauce into the onions and wine.
- Blend and then pour over the chicken and top with parmesean cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30- 40 minutes.
- Cheese should be a light golden brown.
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ Was very hesitant to make this recipe, but then decided to plunge right in ~ I did used a homemade spaghetti sauce, & I also used chicken breasts so can't tell you how it would be with the thighs! Distinctly different, but good-tasting! Something I'd make again if only to see the reactions!