Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
tasty and a fast recipe...can use half and half if you like..
- 12 slices your favourite cinnamon raisin bread
- 1 large pear, peeled,cored and sliced
- 3 tablespoons dried cherries or 3 tablespoons cranberries
- 4 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream or 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Lightly butter a baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set a hot water bath into oven.
- Line the baking dish with the cinnamon bread cut into strips, or cubes.
- Layer on top of the bread, pear, cherries, and nuts.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl with vanilla, and brown sugar, and the cream.
- Pour over bread fuit layer.
- Let sit for five minutes or so.
- Sprinkle the entire top with the powdered icing sugar.
- Place into the hot water bath, and bake in oven until golden and set.
- about 30 minutes.
- A hot water bath is a large pan (bigger than your baking dish) with hot water placed in oven, with a rack.
- then the baking pan is placed on the rack, and the hot water should come half way up the sides.