Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe from my local paper. Haven't tried it yet, but it sounds delicious
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F (or 325F for dark or non stick pans).
- Grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan or 12 muffin cups.
- Beat egg.
- Add sugar, oil, bananas and yogurt to beaten egg and beat with electric mixer until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to yogurt-banana mixture until combined.
- Pour into pan and bake 60 minutes.
- Let stand in pan five minutes and then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
PAC Fall 2007 ~ Really enjoyed this as I adore banana bread. I really didn't taste the cinnamon but the bread still tastes lovely. Easy to put together. Thanks Kelly!