A great way to get more fruit and vegetables into your diet is to make sure some get on the table at every meal. These apples are a great side dish. I especially like them with pork.
- Core and peel the apples.
- Cut each apple into about 10 wedges.
- Toss the apples with the sugar, cinnamon, thyme, and salt.
- Heat the oil in a non stick skillet.
- Saute the apples over medium high heat for 7-10 minutes, until the apples soften but still retain their shape. Add 2 tablespoons of water if softer apples are desired.
This was a very nice side dish that we had with herb-roasted chicken breasts and roasted potatoes with thyme. I will definitely make this dish again. I made it March 2009 for a special Zaar cooking event called Something Old Something New: A Lucky Menu Just For You.